Thursday 13 March 2014

MUA Nail Polish review - pastels edition!~

I've got to say, cheap as I am, I am not a huge fan of MUA. I once bought their eyeliner pen and mascara and the quality was so bad that I swore never to buy their products again. However, being as poor as I am, I decided to give them one last chance, especially as I've suddenly become quite desperate to try out this season's hottest craze - pastels.

 MUA Nail Polish in 'Pistachio Ice Cream' and 'Frozen Yoghurt' - £1 each

I've been lusting after all things mint and lilac recently and £1 each from Superdrug, I was hardly worried about breaking the bank with these, even if they turned out to be totally crap. Thankfully, however, MUA's nail products appear to be an improvement over their eye products. The application isn't all that great, but after 2 coats this super cheap nail polish looks like any other nail polish out there, so at least that's good. I haven't tried on the 'Frozen Yoghurt' shade yet, but I must say I'm quite happy with how 'Pistachio Ice Cream' turned out.


There's also a fair selection of colours to choose from, so previous qualms aside I might even be tempted to buy a couple more shades in the future...


Okay, I realise that this is probably really confusing given what I just said a few sentences ago, but the picture directly above this text is NOT of the MUA 'Frozen Yoghurt' shade, but actually Barry M's 'Berry Ice Cream' shade. My friend bought this when I bought the MUA nail polishes and I really wanted to try it out, so yeah, there you have it. It's a cute shade and the application is quite decent (still doesn't beat KIKO though), but I've gotta say, even though it's £1.99 more expensive than the MUA nail polishes you really can't tell the difference. Amazing!

Well, I guess that's all for now. Hopefully I'll be able to get an OOTD post up soon rather than a bunch of wishlists and nail posts like I've been doing recently, but until then, I suppose!



-Philippa. x
---
http://ohmymeowy.tumblr.com
http://www.twitter.com/ohmymeowy


PS.: sorry about all the funny lighting. i tried to get a consistent colouring for the nail polish, but it just wasn't happening. =/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment